Determination of requirements to development “convenient in application” the Web site.
1. What is Usability? Usability is the ease of use and learnability of a human-made object such as a tool or device. In software engineering, usability is the degree to which a software
2. Why is Website Usability Important? The main reason that usability is so important is because there are so many similar websites that people will go to the next site if the first one they visit is not usable. You can have the most beautiful website in the world, but people will leave immediately if they are unable to figure out how to navigate your site quickly.
3. What is Usability Testing? Usability testing - attempt to estimate convenience of use of a product. In most cases the best method to make it in the presence of users. The goal with Usability Testing is to recreate real world scenarios where the user will be actually using your product, then by observing their behavior you will be able to understand what could be done better. We’ll go further in depth later about how the tests are actually conducted.
4.Types of Usability Testing Methods
Hallway Testing: Using random people to test the website rather than people who are trained and experienced in testing websites.
Remote Usability Testing: Testing the usability of a website using people who are located in several countries and time zones. Sometimes remote testing is performed using video conferencing, while other times the user works separately from the evaluator. It is a good method of testing because the tests are carried out in the normal environment of the user instead of a controlled lab.
Expert Review: An expert in the field is asked to evaluate the usability of the website. Sometimes the expert is brought to a testing facility to test the site, while other times the tests are conducted remotely and automated results are sent back for review.
Paper Prototype Testing: Quite simply, this usability testing method involves involves creating rough, even hand-sketched, drawings of an interface to use as prototypes, or models, of a design.
Questionnaires and Interviews: Due to their one-on-one nature, interviews enable the observer to ask direct questions to the users (apart from double checking what they are really doing).
Do-it-Yourself Walkthrough: Just as the name implies, in this technique, the observer sets up a usability test situation by creating realistic scenarios.
Controlled Experiments: An approach that is similar to scientific experiments typically involving a comparison of two products, with careful statistical balancing in a laboratory
Automated Usability Evaluation: Probably the Holy Grail of usability testing. Various academic papers and prototypes have been developed in order to try and automate website usability testing, all with various degrees of success.
5. What To Do After Website Usability Testing is Complete?
After you have received the results of your website usability tests, the first thing you should do is compile the information and take note of any issues that testers had in common. Look at the amount of time it took them or their test subjects to complete various tasks and think about what you can change so that users are able to complete these tasks faster. Also note any feedback you have been given by the testers amd where this is not clear, do contact them to clear our any ambiguities. Make any changes you can to improve the usability of your site as soon as possible. As with any form of website testing, usability testing is an ongoing process so be sure to run usability tests again after you have made changes. This not only ensures that the changes you made were appropriate but will additionally help you discover new usability problems.
6. What is the best web site according your requirements of Usability? And Why?
I think the popular site is Translate.ru . One of two most popular online translators in the RuNet (the second - the Google Translator). Has foreign-language and mobile versions.
The translation quality of Translate.ru and other online translators becomes frequent a subject of jokes, but, despite a large number of funny translations, the general meaning of the text, the machine translation transferred by means of algorithms, is almost always clear. Operation over translation quality and increase in a dictionary basis is permanently carried.
For today 25 translation directions are supported.
Except the translator of texts, service is included by the translator of the websites.
auto detection of language
the virtual keyboard
manual translation (appeal to translation agency)
There is an opportunity to improve translation quality of texts, defining their subject. On a choice the following subjects are offered:
Education: Languages, Personnel, Humanities, Natural sciences;
Communication: Personal, correspondence, SMS chat, Social networks;
Technique: Computers, Cars, Gadgets;
Other: Travelings, Sport, Health, Without subject.
restriction of volume of the text being translated (no more than 3000 characters).
In case of registration volume increases to 10000 characters.
restriction of the size of the translated web page (no more than 500 KB).
Sometimes long thinks